Could you go 21 entire days without a single complaint or negative statement? Would you like to try?
It doesn’t mean that you can’t have a negative thought, but it does mean that you won’t give it power – or a voice. It means that you are taking control of your life – what you give energy to.
Each time you utter a complaint, you start over. Not as a punishment, but as a way to help you truly grasp this lesson – to know on a deep level that you have the ability to choose what you focus on. And sometimes we live so much of our lives on auto-pilot that we aren’t even aware of our thoughts and how our actions are direct reflections of these thoughts.
Everyone has his or her moments where one negative thought (or worry or complaint) can quickly spiral downward into a place not worth being in. Your complaints could tend to focus on two things, for example: lack of money and how rude some people can be. Yours could be about these things or something completely different. A complaint is a complaint – no matter what it’s about. A negative thought carries negative energy no matter what it’s about.
Are you ready to take the challenge and regain control over your life?
Prove to yourself you can do this and make a positive, conscious shift away from the negative and into the positive.
So no more complaining for the next 21 days. Are you in?
- If you have a bad day, if things just don’t seem to be going your way, reframe it in your mind before giving voice to it.
- If you miss the bus or are stuck in traffic on your way to work, you could know that everything happens for a reason, and maybe you weren’t supposed to be on time anyway.
- If you come to the end of the month, and there isn’t as much money in your account as you had hoped, you can be grateful that there is any at all. Or you could think of ways to add more money to your account.
- If you look in the mirror and aren’t thrilled with what you see, you could focus on one part of your appearance that you are happy with – start there.
- And if you simply aren’t able to reframe your negative thoughts and voice positive ones, then start by not saying anything at all. It’s a beginning. And hopefully soon you’ll be able to slowly shift your focus into a more positive space.
Remember, if you voice a complaint or anything negative, start over.
If you would like to join me, please comment below that you’re in!
I’ll let you know how my progress is going (in the comments below), and I hope you’ll do the same. Let’s support each other in creating positive lives that we are happy to live!
Wishing you Best of Health,